Sascha Emanuel Kramer – Tenor
Sun, 29. Mar. 2020 - 8:00 pm,
Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin Dahlem
Sascha Emanuel Kramer – Tenor
Amir Katz – Piano
Kilian Herold – clarinet
Robert Schumann song cycle op. 39
Robert Schumann Fantasy Pieces op 73
Clarinet / piano
Richard Strauss, 5 songs op. 21
Louis Spohr, 6 German songs for voice, clarinet and piano op.103
A FEW QUESTIONS
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Love and being loved until the last breath
2. If you could time travel, where (rather “when”) would you like to go? To the Hanging Gardens of Semiramis
3. What is your definition of love? The experienceable absence of descriptiveness
4. What have been the greatest challenges for you? To accept the procedural nature of being free of desire
5. Name a poet, author, painter and composer that you especially like. Heinrich Heine, Thomas Mann, Franz Marc, Richard Wagner
6. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? As a ray of sunlight – to experience the sensation of warming a living creature’s flesh and soul
7. Which composer or artist of the past would you like to invite for dinner? Of course G. Rossini!
8. What is your most treasured possession? A ring.
9. What piece changed your life? Winterreise, Mozart’s Requiem
10. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Not to love and not to be loved
11. Who are your heroes in real life? Hr. Schneider
12. What is your motto? Nulla res sine amore.
Sascha Emanuel Kramer was born in Zurich.
He already made his debut at the Salzburger Festspiele in 2013, when he was part of the Young Singers Project (“Akademie Meistersinger
In 2015/2016 Sascha Emanuel Kramer was part of the prestigious Accademia Teatro alla Scala, where he got many valuable musical suggestions by famous maestros, such as Renato Bruson, Luciana Serra, Luciana D’Intino and Vincenzo Scalera.
From 2016 to 2018 Sascha Emanuel Kramer was part of the International Opera Studio of the illustrious Staatsoper Hamburg. During this time, he sang several important roles such as Tamino (in “Erzittre, feiger Bösewicht!), Malcolm (Macbeth), Borsa (Rigoletto), Flute (Midsummer Night’s Dream), Andres (Wozzeck) and Jaquino (Fidelio).
As a much sought-after Tamino of the youngest generation, he has already sung new productions of the „Magic Flute“ in several important theatres such as the Staatsoper Hamburg, the Grand Theatre Shanghai, the Opera de Toulon and at the Greek National Opera in Athens.
In 2018/2019 he made his first appearance at the Biennale di Venezia singing the main role of Dalí in the world premiere of „El sueño de Dalí en una noche de Picasso“. He also sang several concerts with the Klangforum Wien (Das Lied von der Erde) and in 2019 he will make his debut at the Beethoven-Festival in Bonn (Das Paradies und die Peri), as well as singing Gaston/Graf Albert in a new production of “Die Tote Stadt” at the Teatro alla Scala. He will sing Jaquino at the Teatro di Bologna as well as at the Staatsoper Hamburg
Despite his young career, Sascha Emanuel Kramer has already sung under the baton of distinguished conductors such as Adam Fischer, Alan Gilbert, Daniele Gatti, Zubin Mehta, Ingo Metzmacher and Kent Nagano, working with stage directors such as Achim Freyer, Stefan Herheim, Harry Kupfer, Vera Nemirova, Philipp Stölzl, Graham Vick and Peter Stein.
Sascha Emanuel Kramer is laureate of the “Prof. Armin Weltner Stiftung” as well as awardee of the “sic itur ad astra foundation“.
See more on the artists official website: http://www.saschaemanuelkramer.com